1.昨晚你熬夜了?
Did you stay up late last night?
Did you go to bed late last night? 昨晚你熬夜了? *stay up late“睡得晚”、“熬夜”。
2.把被子叠好。
Let’s fold up the futon.
Let’s put the futon away. 把被子收起来吧。
*fold意为“折叠”,fold up意为“叠好”、“叠整齐”;futon原本是日文,现在英文中也逐渐使用,意为“被子”。
3.昨天晚上你打呼噜了。
You were snoring last night.
*snore“打呼噜”。
You were snoring last night. 昨天晚上你打呼噜了。Did I keep you up? 影响你睡觉了吗?
4.我做了个可怕的梦。
I had a nightmare.
I had a nightmare. 我做了个可怕的梦。It’s all right now. 现在没事了。
5.你一直没关灯啊。
You left the light on.
*left leave是“保某种样子”、“保持某种状态”的意思,表达“电灯一直开着”、“发动
机一直开着”、“窗户一直开着”也可以用这种句型。You forgot to turn off the light. 你忘了关灯了。
6.我得洗脸了。
I have to go wash my face.
*go wash是go和wash两个动词连用,口语中常用。可以把它看作是go and wash的缩略形式。
7.该吃早饭了。
It’s time to eat breakfast.
It’s time to have breakfast. 该吃早饭了。
8.我还困着呢。
I’m still sleepy.
I’m still drowsy. 我还困着呢。
9.我还打哈欠呢。
I’m still yawning.
10.昨天的酒还没醒呢。
I have a hangover.